You are invited to an open house and information session on how to build an accessory dwelling unit (ADU).
In keeping with the WNAC’s theme this year of finding ways to make housing affordable in our region, we are co-sponsoring this rare opportunity to tour a newly built ADU on an existing property. Yuki Ikezi, the visionary and homeowner has graciously opened up her new ADU for a public viewing. She will be there along with her contractor, Goldbar Builders, LLC, to answer questions from the public. The following
The following is Yuki Ikezi’s description of this unique opportunity.
Open house at a newly-built ADU (or granny unit) in Santa Clara.
- An attached unit to a single-family home
- Kitchen, full bath, and one bedroom with in-unit washer/dryer
- Built for rental
Find out about
- How to take advantage of a new state law and city ordinance that have removed many of the hurdles for getting a permit. You can now get a permit over the counter.
- Project steps (planning, permitting, financing, and construction)
- Financial aspects (construction costs, fees, financing, and potential rental income)
An ADU can be a good investment because of a strong demand for housing in the Bay Area. Or it could be a great living space for your family members.
Meet with Mayor Lisa Gillmor and other city officials and hear about what Santa Clara is doing to meet the housing needs in our community.
Greg Popovich from Goldbar Builders, LLC, will answer your construction-related questions.
This is one way homeowners can take advantage of the new ADU ordinance and help alleviate our housing crisis. See you at the event!