Del Mar High School, in the heart of the Silicon Valley, is an example of a location and environment that is worth exploring innovative new ways to tackle the housing crisis. Conveniently located near existing transit, next to an urban village that is the planning stages and with approximately 41-acres of land, Del Mar could present an opportunity to house teachers, staff, retirees and potential workers from local businesses in a mixed-use manner, complementary to the surrounding urban village.
The forum at Del Mar will be a multi-panel discussion with various subject matter experts on what has worked and not worked in other locales, potential partners and financing options and next steps.
- 6:00 – 6:30 – Networking/Refreshments
- 6:30 – 6:40 – Overview of the need for Teacher & Staff housing
- 6:40 – 6:45 – Reimagining the high school campus from Learning Center to Learning Village
- 6:45 – 7:30 – Partnering in Community – Partners, Partners, Partners – Building Something Special
- 7:30 – 8:15 – It’s Been Done Before – What Works, What Doesn’t
- 8:15 – 8:30 – Closing Comments/Next Steps
- 8:30 – 9:00 – Networking
Speakers and detail on the above agenda are to be announced, so stay tuned.